MargaretBolingMullin

MargaretBolingMullin

It All Began with a Bean: The True Story of the World's Biggest Fart

It All Began with a Bean: The True Story of the World's Biggest Fart - Katie McKy,  Tracy Hill (Illustrator) 5/25/11 ** You know a book was a hit when your students ask you for it months after the first read-aloud. During the last week of school, one of my fourth graders asked "Where's that book, you know, where they all,...the one with the beans." I brought it back to school the next day and several kids eagerly waited to read it. :)

12/2010 ** From my favorite publisher, Tanglewood Press. This amusing picture book answers the questions, "What if everyone farted at once?" which of course is also the deeper question of what if everything blew up. I read the book several times by myself, but then shared it with my fourth graders. As with many middle-grades classes, farts are a frequent topic of conversation. This book was much more fun with an audience to ooh and aah over the illustrations and wacky results of the massive fart explosion. Many children chose to read the book independently later.