MargaretBolingMullin

MargaretBolingMullin

Mr. Revere and I: Being an Account of certain Episodes in the Career of Paul Revere,Esq. as Revealed by his Horse - Robert Lawson 5/13/13 ** I didn't find much not to like. I think that the book does leave some space for discussions about who is NOT represented (women, non-white men), but the copyright is 1953! The vocab is sophisticated, but nothing that I don't see in high fantasy or other historical fiction. After reading the full book, I think that I definitely need to order multiple copies for read-aloud next year. This book would be a fabulous exemplar text for examining how a character changes throughout a novel.

5/11/13 ** I recently read King George: What Was His Problem? by Steve Sheinkin recently and this whet my interest in the Revolutionary War. I remember reading this book when I was in elementary school - several times, and decided to re-read. Interestingly, I know that I have owned a copy as an adult, but can't find it anywhere. So, I'm reading a library copy.

This would be an excellent book to use when teaching perspective or point of view. The horse is so clearly in favor of the British, and the first few chapters could easily stand alone.