MargaretBolingMullin

MargaretBolingMullin

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 1)

Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris 4/3/11 ** Spent the last day before the end of spring break reading. Really didn't have time, but needed the chance for decompression after the trip. Enjoyed the book - now I'm ahead of the T.V. series.

3/27/11 ** This is the first in the Sookie Stackhouse vampire series - books that predate Twilight.
Michael was familiar with the series and we started watching the HBO TV episodes through Netflix, so I requested this book from the library. I actually started reading it one night when it was in the kitchen at dinner time and I was too lazy to go upstairs to get the book I was actually in the middle of. :) I'm enjoying it, but I think it's one of the rare cases where I like the TV episodes more than the book. The actress who plays Sookie really captures the voice/demeanor of the character, making her more vivid than the writing does. Another the thing I find intriguing is how the screenplay was adapted from the book. I like the characters of Tara and Lafayette, who (so far) haven't even appeared in the book.